Monday, December 12, 2011

First Post!

So yeah. Another blog o' mine. Because uh, neat compartmentalization of life has its advantages...

Anyway, yeah, I've felt more and more an urge to blog about random tarot related things, and wanted a place to it that doesn't have other/unrelated content so I could fully share this as just tarot stuff, and so here we go.

This is going to be brief, because I am still in a mad desperate jumble of a mess of panic to finish a paper within the next very few hours, and so.

Last night there was much panic and anxiety over not having made much progress at all, not knowing how to start, even, etc etc. My head is in that kind of place.

Working with my Silicon Dawn and Spanish tarot decks currently, both fairly new acquisitions, a nice mix of the historic and the modern and both kind of funky and different and awesome...

So I did a quick draw with the Silicon Dawn. Two cards: what should I do, and what should I avoid.

(the actual cards look nicer, but don't have the time/energy to take a picture so using older version from Egypt's website)r

I thought this was really succinct, really useful advice. Focus on what you CAN do, not on what you feel that you CAN'T. Don't sit there, stuck, obsessing over how stuck you are, how you can't move. Just try. Do it. Create something. Allow something, no matter what you think of its quality, to grow. Just DO it.  Sit down at that keyboard and allow your fingers to type down word and keep typing, and keep typing don't think about how you feel you can't breath you are so anxious, how little progress you are making, just KEEP GOING, channel the energy of growth, GO.

I've been glancing back at those cards all last night, all today as I keep forcing myself to plug along, and...it's something I guess. Progress, if not good progress, but...you take what you can get in life, I guess. At times like these.

Also, I'm still kind of on the fence about how I feel about the whole wands-earth pentacles-fire switch in this deck, but I must say...that Ace makes perfect sense to me :0

Off I go to try to...finish this in time not to fail.
Inshallah :D

3 comments:

Sharyn Mallow Woerz said...

Welcome to tarot blogging! Keep up the good work~ Sharyn/AJ

Bonkers said...

thank you!

Zanna Starr said...

Hey, I get the whole compartmentalizing thingy! I do it too. I have six blogs or so on different subjects under different names.

It's fine if you want to do 5Ws and an H on your blog. Crediting back to me would be lovely.

Cheers!

Post a Comment